It’s December 1st! Traditionally, today is the day that the tree goes up, along with lights and all things festive. Although, this year in particular, everything seemed to start so early. The shopping centres were putting up half assed decorations and throwing up some Christmas signs in October and the pressure was on. People were scrambling in early November as if it were Christmas eve.
I’m not into that consumerism vibe. I like to be relaxed, chilled, organised and present with my babes during this season. If you’re like me, and want all the festive cheer and family traditions , this is the best dessert that you can make for parties or Christmas events during this month. This Christmas Bark recipe is 3 simple and inexpensive ingredients you can get basically anywhere. And to make this even more appealing, your toddler can make this with you. And no matter how messy they are, it just adds more colour and texture to the bark aesthetic.
This Christmas Bark is so pretty with the red, white and green pops of colour. It can be made in a few minutes and can be set in the fridge or the freezer if you can’t wait. It is honestly the easiest Christmas dessert and could be great for a little homemade gift. Just place in a glass jar and pop a ribbon or string around it.
- 200gm white chocolate
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, roughly cut.
- ⅓ cup shelled pistachios, roughly cut.
- Melt white chocolate in a pot on medium heat for a minute or two. Be careful not to burn.
- Pour onto a flat baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with cranberries and pistachios then set in fridge for 30 minutes to cool or freezer for 15.
- Crumble or cut into big chunks and set on a plate or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.