If you’re looking for a quick yet equally scrumptious and impressive side- look no further. This takes 5 minutes and requires 3 ingredients.
Feta. Asparagus. Balsamic Vinegar.
Well actually 5 if you include salt and some extra virgin olive oil used to sear the asparagus. But 3 mainies.
Cut the ends off the ‘sparagus. Wash. Sear. Sprinkle Salt. Glaze. Crumble Feta. Serve and shake up the way you serve veggies.
The reduction is so simple and can be a great accompaniment to many things! It’s simply simmering balsamic vingear on medium heat for a few minutes.
How easy?! The asparagus was used simply because its seasonal right now. But any veg could be used. Seared broccoli or green beans could easily be swapped out or use the reduction with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and feta for a delicious salad!
Here’s how to impress;
- Bunch of fresh asparagus (or any greens)
- Feta (add to your liking)
- ⅓ cup Balsamic Vinegar
*NOTE; I always use organic produce if available.
- Add balsamic vinegar to the pot and simmer on med-high for 3-4 minutes. Set aside in a bowl to cool. The consistency continues to thicken when taken off the heat. *should coat the spoon as pictured.
- Trim, wash and sear the asparagus in a pan on medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Until the colour is a bright green.
- Place asparagus on a plate, sprinkle with salt flakes, feta and drizzle with reduction.
If you recreate any recipes here, please share and tag me on my instagram below or comment below. I’d love to hear how you’re finding them!